Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Exposed (tee hee)

Exposing myself, not literally (because nobody wants to see that !) is what my blog is all about. Exposing my wants, needs, foibles, failings, regrets, hopes, yearnings, beliefs, dreams and lessons learned. Opening yourself up and peeling back the layers is an UNcomfortable endeavor. I am hoping to learn new things about myself and deal with any regrets and mistakes I have made in the past and probably will make in the furture. I heard a talk radio host that I listen to today make a remark that I really like and kind of fits in my life......"If you can't be a good example you can be a stern warning".

It's funny, you assume that all your close friends know everything about you. I went out with one of my girlfriends the other night to listen to a really good, local, blues band (and yes, I got up and danced) and she told me that until she read my post about being impatient, she had never known that about me. I was totally surprised, I really don't think I hide my lack of patience very well. Maybe I am able to keep it under control when I am with people I care about. Do I show it more with strangers? That's possible. I don't think it's a concious decision that I make. It makes me wonder what else my friends and family don't know about me that I think they do know, hmmm. Of course there will always be things that will remain private or only a few people will know.  I realize that sometimes I am kind of tightly wound (to say the least) so does that enable me to compartmentalize and show different people different parts of me? That really has me curious. I'm going to have to think about that.

Ok then, on a lighter note, I have been thinking a lot lately about writing a short story. I've never done anything like that before, but for quite a few years now I've felt like I needed to "write". But it seems that since I have started writing this blog that ideas are always swirling around in my head. I even carry a little notebook to jot down ideas. I haven't really fleshed out the whole idea for a short story but a few lines just popped in my head today and I will go from there.

Here's what I have so far......

     "She was dressed from head to toe in all red. A bold statement for someone almost 6ft. tall and even taller in stilettos. Her long hair hung like silk down her back. All the women in the room sat up straighter and the men, well, the men were on the edge of their seats."

Hopefully, more to follow soon.  

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment