Thursday, March 1, 2012

5 Things......

5 things that I really, really love.

This list does not include family, friends, or pets because that would be just too obivous. It also does not include by much wanted Kitchenaide Stand Mixer.....sigh.

1. The best chocolate milk in the world is made by JD Country Milk. Oh my goodness, you have never tasted anything sooo good. It is CHOCOLATE CRACK. Made with whole milk, sugar, vanilla and cocoa...period. No artificial ingredients.  I only allow myself to buy a quart every two or three weeks and I only drink a small glass in the morning. It is something to be savored.  A locally owned grocery store carries it and it comes farm direct, local farm, all natural.  They also have milk, buttermilk, cream and half and half. The milk products are pasteurized and non-homogenized so you have to shake it up each time as the cream rises to the top, and it is in glass bottles. I also have to say that the cream is to die for, makes the best homemade whipped cream. Try it, trust me, you'll love it too.





2. Reality TV, like Survivor and Amazing Race, but NOT the "romance" ones like Bachelor and Barchelorette....ick.  But I love the Real Housewives of Atlanta...New Jersey....New York....Beverly Hills and my very favorite...Orange County. Now don't judge me...I also watch PBS and History Channel and Discovery Channel, so I'm not a complete heathen.  I can't help myself and I am always glad their drama is not my drama.  I just love to watch the ladies from Orange County going to lunch, eating their fancy salads and drinking white wine while wearing their strappy sandals and cute sundresses all the while arguing and stabbing someone in the back. I like to pretend I could have that life. To me is's pure escape and I make no apologies for it. Now the fact that I also like Mob Wives....well, that's a whole different story!!





3. I really have developed an appreciation for wine. although I really don't know a whole lot about it, but I know what I like. There are several really nice winerys in this region and I have tried wine from a couple of them. So far my very favorite is Oliver's Wine. The Soft Red and The Soft White are very good. I like wine that is not too tart, with a little sweetness and I like it chilled. Both of these wines fit that bill. Of course, when I am having a glass of white wine I feel like one of the housewives. But, I still need to check out several more of the local wines, it is going to be a hard job but someone has to do it.




4. I love my heating pad. Yes, there I've said it, I love it.  I am very cold natured, even in the summer I get chilled easily. In the summer with the air conditioner on I get cold, I have it set on 77-78, but I still get chilled. I personally like it to be in the 90's and hot and humid during the summer. But, in the winter I really freeze because I cannot turn up the heat as much as I would like otherwise my bill would be through the roof. So when it is cold outside, I like to sit on the couch with a heating pad on my lap while I'm watching TV. It is so warm, it is usually the only time I am warm in the winter. People complain about being hot natured, let me tell you that it is just as awful being cold all the time. Also, that goodness for flannel sheets!!
I HATE being cold (I think that is another reason I like the Housewives of OC, it is always warm there!)






5. When is George Clooney going to find me? You know I'm not a patient person, so he just needs to hurry up. I am tired of my "future husband" dating all these leggy starlets and wrestlers (?). Doesn't he know how good we would be together. He has said in interviews that he is so busy with work he doesn't plan on having children.   GREAT...my son is 18, I don't plan on having anymore children.  He has said that his divorce years ago was so painful  he probably would never marry again. FINE...I can go along with that, no problem.  He's from Kentucky....I'm from Kentucky. He is like a throwback to the cool, classy, suave movie stars of yester-year.  PERFECT....I love old movies and film noir. He has a pet dog.  GUESS WHAT...I have a pet dog. We are close to the same age.  Don't you see, we would be perfect together. Do I have to connect the dots for him???  Jeez.....you know we would be good together.





Now where did I put that heating pad?

Kathy



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO This is great! I love the compatability comparison w/you and George Clooney.

    ReplyDelete