Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bob......A Haiku

Bob is always there

On a sunny day or gray

He greets me curbside





His look of longing

He knows I can't resist it

Give him what he needs






Is it sweets he wants

Or a salty treat for him

I will hurry Bob





As I gather his treat

Bob will take time to reflect

On his lot in life






With luck Bob has found

Someone who will be so true

With extra donuts





On this spring like day

It will be a salty treat

And he does not share




Bob can be picky

But that is ok with me

I like to spoil him





When it's very warm

Bob will rest after eating

Tomorrow will see him back






The End


Bob started coming around last spring and I would throw nuts out to him and sometimes peanut butter crackers. I only feed Bob, because there are too many squirrels around here to be able to feed them all. And I know it is Bob, because when I had a car, he would run to the curb when I pulled up in the afternoon and follow me all the way up to the porch waiting to be fed. Now, when I open the front door the other squirrels ignore me, but if Bob is around, he comes running up to the porch.

Last year I think Bob might have been with child, his nipples became very prominent, but I still call him Bob, but I say it girlie like!



RECIPE OF THE DAY


CINNAMON KUCHEN (M.L.Sweeney)

2/3 cup of butter (10 1/2 tbl)
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs

Cream these ingredients

ADD

2 cups of flour
3tsps baking powder
1 cup milk (or buttermilk)
dash of salt

I had the flour and milk alternately

spray a 13X9 pan with cooking spray (I line it with parchment paper, that way I can pull the whole thing out.

TOPPING

1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 stick of melted butter
2 tbls of cinnamon

Mix topping ingredients together and crumble evenly on top of batter in the pan.

Bake at 350 for approx. 45 min. I start checking by inserting a knife til it comes out clean around 35min. but it usually takes more like 45min. It is a big kuchen so check every 5 mins or so towards the end til it is done.
It is soooooo good. I make it all the time.



Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment