Monday, July 22, 2013

What's Charlie Brown Got To Do With It?

See these tomatoes? Take a real good look.....


Beautiful aren't they.......they're not MY tomatoes!! The big ones are from my brother's garden, the cherry tomatoes are from my Mom's plants.

Where are mine you ask? Well, the squirrels have gotten a hold of about 5 partially ripe tomatoes and the 3 others that I picked and put in my window sill started getting mushy and soft when they were about half ripened. I had to throw them out. I'm so frustrated. I still have about 8 tomatoes on my vines so there is still some hope.

I had three large tomatoes from my brother and I've eaten one and it was heavenly. I am so envious of his vines. They are over 6ft. tall, bushy and loaded with tomatoes.


These are mine, barely 3ft. tall and not very full and bushy. We use the same plant food. Granted I have a lot more squirrels than he does, so why don't mine look like his, I water and feed regularly.. Could it be that mine are in containers and his are planted in the ground?

Compared to his vines my look like "Charlie Brown" tomatoe vines. It's very frustrating.

But in the meantime, I will be enjoying the tomatoes my brother gave me and my Mom will be having lots of cherry tomatoes for me so I can still taste "heaven on earth". But I haven't given up on mine yet.

Here is my favorite summer lunch.


Cheese and crackers, a homegrown tomato (from my brother) and a cucumber, also grown by my brother (now he's just showing off).


Kathy




No comments:

Post a Comment