Thursday, August 15, 2013

Odds And Ends

I have to say that the weather around here the last couple of days has  been FABULOUS!! Despite the fact that I adore the heat and humidity, as the summer wanes, I do look forward to Autumn weather....cool, crisp mornings and sunny, warm afternoons. But to have Autumn-like weather in the middle of August is almost unheard of around here. I will admit it has been a nice surprise and I am enjoying it, turning off the air conditioning and sleeping with a window open.

Everyone knows that below is a picture of my fondest wish and every once in a while I just have to put that thought out there in the universe and see what happen


I also really, really, really want an ice cream maker....really, really.

I think I'm going to make a custard pie this weekend. I saw a recipe on Facebook and it looks pretty simple and I've always loved a good custard pie. I also want to make some sugar cookies. I have a great recipe for them and I haven't made them is a while. Also, I want to freeze a few of them to use to make a crust for a pie that I'm working on.....my own creation.

Remember when I told you that I had to pull up one of my tomato plants because it was dying and I pruned the dead branches off of the other one? Well, the one seems to be thriving, somewhat, with lots of new blossoms and a couple of teny tiny baby tomatoes. Although I don't have much faith that the little tomatoes will be there for long because of.........


well, you know. Actually I can't say for sure that this little guy is the culprit. I feed this little guy on my front porch and surely he wouldn't have the audacity to then go around back and eat my tomatoes.

I have a new TV fascination, Duck Dynasty. It's a "reality" show about a family who's father invented a particular kind of duck call and they have built it into a multi-million dollar business. The whole family works there. I'm really surprised by how much I like this show since I've never been a big fan of hunting and the father and sons are always going hunting, ducks (of course), doves, squirrels, frogs, deer. But I justify it to myself that they eat what they hunt, they aren't trophy hunters. They're a close knit family with a strong faith in God and family. But the best part is that they're funny. As with most reality shows, they put people in situations and then film what happens and the reactions of the people involved. I always have a good laugh when I watch.

It's going to be a busy weekend, bank business to take care of, haircut, glasses fixed. I'm also planning on scrubbing down the bathroom this weekend. The grass needs to be cut, again. Usually by this time of the year we don't have to cut the grass every week, but since it's been a pretty rainy summer, it has to be cut just about every week. My son takes care of the front yard and I do the back. But....in a month and a half it will be all over with. YAY! My deadline for cutting grass is September 30. I don't care what happens after that, I refuse to cut grass after September 30.  Oh yeah, and I'm going out for margaritas and dinner with a good friend.

Have a good weekend everyone.


Kathy







No comments:

Post a Comment