Tuesday, April 30, 2013

They're In The Ground

Well, actually, they're in the containers but I think you know what I mean. I spent yesterday evening planting, fertilizing and praying that they grow!


I found transplants of heirloom tomato plants and I got two of them along with some herbs



These are the chives.


That's basil on the right and parsley on the left. I only hope the squirrels aren't attracted to them



And I am most excited about these, the tomato plants. I love, love, love homegrown tomatoes.


These are the lettuce seeds and the one thing I am a little nervous about. I've never tried to grow any kind of lettuce before, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. By the way, Lola was trying to get my attention while I was taking pictures so that is why her "rear end" is in the picture.


Another thing that I'm keeping my fingers crossed on is the baby bok choy seeds, but I have high hopes. There's Lola's "rear end" again. You would think that no one ever pays attention to her, which if FAR from the truth.


This is just some more of the herbs that I had left over, chives, basil and parsley.


I'm just adding this to show you what Lola looks like when she runs through the puddles in the backyard the day after it has rained. But I still "wuv" her!

Now it's time for the sunshine, water and prayer to get this garden growin'.

Kathy




No comments:

Post a Comment