Saturday, October 27, 2012

You Ought To Be In Pictures

I think I have mentioned before that I am interested in photography and I would like to explore it further. I really would like to have a nice camera, like a Nikon digital camera, zoom lenses and all that good stuff. But for now I have to be satisfied with a point and shoot camera. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice camera, I like it, and it's a good camera to practice with. I am mostly interested in taking pictures of animals and natural settings. So many times I am out and about and see something, but of course, I don't have my camera with me, but I have been trying to carry it with me when I'm out walking, going about my business and even to work.

I decided to take my camera to work because on several rare occassions I have seen deer, very early in the morning, feeding is a small clearing across the street from where I work. The clearing is at the very back of  a  small park that has hiking trails and playgrounds with picnic areas. It's not a big park but it's nice, set in an urban area.

When I am lucky enough to see the deer, I am absolutely transfixed since it is not something I get to see very often. They come very early and don't stay more than a few minutes, but it is beautiful.  Hopefully, I will be able to get a picture of them one day.

But I may not have been able to get a picture of the deer, but since I had my camera with me I was able to capture this. This is the sunrise that I get to enjoy outside my office window. What a way to start the day!
And every sunrise is different. This is the sunrise the next day.


Makes you feel good for the rest of the day!

My dog, Lola, and I walk quite often in the cemetary. It is peaceful, pretty and lots of people go there to walk their dogs, jog, ride bikes etc. It's almost like a park! Again, I remembered to take my camera and I saw this tree and it reminded me of Halloween. The way the branches come out, the starkness of it made me think it looked like something at a haunted house.





or maybe it's just me.......


This tree is also in the cemetary. I tried to find some info on it but couldn't, but I've heard that it was there before the cemetary was. And there are some who have been buried there since the mid 1800's, so I guesss that would make the tree close to 200 years old.                                                                                        

See how the bark is all twisted, almost like someone tried to wring it out. I wonder, was it from old age or weather. I noticed that a couple of weeks ago there was a big limb broken off during a storm the night before, I hated to see that. It isn't often that something is strong enough to survive for over 150 years and is still standing.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the pictures, my first attempt at any kind of real photography as such. Hopefully they will improve and be much more interesting than sunrises and trees. But it's a start. Til next time.....

Oh, by the way, I DID NOT win the KitchenAid Mixer, surprised uh? Yeah, me too, but there will be other contests to enter!!


Kathy












2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I’m trying to visit a new blog every day for the next few weeks, and today you’re my new visit! I came over from Pioneer Woman. Love the picture of your sunrise. Beautiful! I enjoy taking photos, too, and all I have is a point and shoot but it has a great zoom lens so I can get some great shots at times. Good luck capturing the beauty around you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, thanks for checking me out. I've been blogging for almost a year, still finding my way but having a blast doing it. Glad you liked the pictures, I really want to explore photography further. I hope you visit again. Take care.

      Delete