Saturday, October 20, 2012

Contests, Live Tweeting And Other Such Nonsense

I have made no secret of my desire to own a KitchenAid stand mixer. I've even wrote a haiku about it in an earlier blog. Everytime I try to save up for one, and they are pricey, something else always comes up that needs repair or an extra bill that needs to be paid, yada..yada..yada... So my second best try to own one is by entering contests. I follow a blog, The Pioneer Woman. She recounts her life and experience living on a working cattle ranch, cooking, photography, homeschooling, home and garden subjects. She also has a cooking show on the Food Network that I love to watch. ANYWAY...she has contests off and on and gives away cameras, home accessories, clothing, jewelry and...wait for it........KitchenAid mixers!!!! She has one that was personally designed just for her and this weekend she is giving away TWO of them
TPW_7981

Isn't it gorgeous, I want it....badly. Of course over 20,000 people have entered this contest. But I really don't think anyone wants it more than I do. So I am asking everyone who knows me and also those who have no clue who I am to enter this contest @The Pioneer Woman/Home and Garden, and if you win, give it to me. I don't think that is too much to ask for........do you?  Then when I have my mixer everyone who is tired of me whining about wanting a mixer will be eternally grateful!!!


When I signed up for Twitter I really just did it so I could link my blog to it, I didn't have any intention to constantly tweet. There is a lot about it that I don't know or understand, "hashtags", "retweet", "instagram" and probably more things I don't know that I don't know about. But I have learned about "live tweeting", kinda. I have discovered that two shows I watch, Grimm and Haven, have been live tweeting during the broadcast. Someone, that I assume is involved in the show, tweets for Grimm and one of the actors on the show Haven does the tweets for that show. It is kind of fun to see everyone's comments and funny remarks about what is happening on the shows as they happen. I've gotten involved in the live tweets, or I think I have. I've used the correct hashtags, whatever that means, made meaningful comments and tried to have fun with it. Nobody has tweeted anything back to me so I don't know if I'm getting it right but I am enjoying it.

Now to the nonsense part, I really don't care to discuss politics and I'm not really going to get into it now, except to say that I have decided to watch the debates this time, which I don't normally do. I really wanted to pay attention and learn something, hear something new, how problems are going to be solved, but after about 10 min. all I could hear was "wawa waaa..wa wa.... (remember in the Charlie Brown cartoons, all the adults sounded like that, they had no real words). Now I am just a casual observer of politics, but one thing I have learned....no matter what side you are on and no matter what you promise, once you are in office it's a whole new world, you know things you didn't before so all the promises you made are really not important anymore. No matter who gets in office, nothing can be accomplised without cooperation from the other side.  Personally, I will be glad when it is all over.


One more thing.....the best thing about this time of year is....NO MORE CUTTING GRASS TIL SPRING. You can't imagine how happy that makes me.


Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment