Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday, Sunday

All week long I have thought about several subjects to write about, TV shows, religion, parades and how much I hate them, but here it is Sunday evening and I have decided that Sunday is such a bittersweet day. It is the end of a much look forwarded to weekend. A weekend that almost everyone prays would hurry up and get here, time off from work and or school. A time to decompress and relax or to catch up on chores and spend time with family and friends. Sunday is also the beginning of a brand new week. And a new week can be new adventures, new possibilities and another chance at ....whatever.

Sundays in the summer can mean concerts in the park, Sunday dinners with family. In the winter there could be sledding in the park, a hike or just football on TV while sitting on the couch. It is sleeping late, donuts for breakfast and some go to church. Most businesses are closed, no mail is delivered and everything seems to move at a slower pace.

I have a love/hate relationship with Sunday. Of course I love the sleeping late and donut part of it, but I can't quite get a handle on the relaxation part of it. It's my own fault of course. My OCD tendencies kick in and I feel like I should be doing something, getting some project accomplished, and that everything will go to hell in a handbasket if I don't get all my chores done. Yes, most of it can be put off til another day or even the next weekend, the world won't end if I don't get the yard cleaned up or the floor mopped or the closet straightened cleaned out but I just can't seem to help myself. If I have planned to get certain things done on the weekend and don't, I start feeling anxious and push myself to get it all done.

Well today I had planned to get certain things done and I did get some wash done and made my breakfast muffins for the week, but I had also planned on doing some cleaning. Weeelllll......as the day wore on I kept playing around on the computer, watched a movie, then I caved all together and decided to not even fix dinner. I just ordered pizza just because I felt like it and didn't want to cook or clean up afterwards. Then I sat and watched some more TV, took an early shower and sat some more and watched some things on my dvr. Oh the horror!! I feel so lazy......but I liked it......a lot. Now I am getting ready to watch the Real Housewives Reunion and eat some ice cream.

I am really trying to think of Sundays as a relaxing day, a day for me. It won't be easy, it won't always happen but I really need this day for myself. I have enjoyed today but feeling a little anxious about what didn't get done so it is a work in progress. Wish me luck.

How do you spend your Sundays?


Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment