Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tweet Tweet

I have never fully understood Twitter. I hear people talking about it all the time, newspeople, celebrities, authors, friends and family. It's kind of like when, a few years ago, everyone was talking about Facebook. I remember asking someone why do you want to tell everyone what you're doing and thinking all the time. But I did get on Facebook, looking for a good friend that I hadn't seen in about 15 yrs. Well, lo and behold, I signed up and the first thing I did was put her name in and there she was!! Then I started getting more friends and seeing what everyone was doing and I was hooked. I have made new friends, got to do new things and reconnect with old friends and family.

Well, I've thought the same thing about Twitter, what is the point of making short comments to people all the time? Well, I've decided to try it. I opened a Twitter account this afternoon and have been kind of messing around with it a little bit. I'm still not too sure about it, trying to figure out who to "follow" is tough. I am following a few local celebrities, a few family members, a couple of friends, and some authors and chefs. I'm still not sure if I can do this on my phone, although it's not a smart phone, or do I have to use my laptop to keep in the loop, or both. Ah, this might force me to get a smart phone! (just what I need, something else I have to learn how to use).

I guess if you are "following" the right people and something interesting happens while you're out, something newsworthy, it would come in handy to let people know. Are people tuned into it all the time, are do they just check it like they do Facebook? Do you get alerts when someone tweets? But then it almost seems like text messaging would work just as well. I'm not really understanding the need for Twitter when you can text or Facebook, but there must be something to it since so many do it. I have noticed that blogs can somehow be linked to Twitter, I think, and so I thought maybe it would be a good way for me to get my blog out to more people.

The more I talk about it, the more confused I get. I'm going to keep trying it and tweeting, as they say. Hopefully I won't make a big mess of it but don't put it past me.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears and will welcome any help or advice. Sometimes I'm not so sure that I am cut out for the instant information age that we live in, but I'm trying to keep up.


RECIPE (KIND OF)

On one of the cooking show that I watch, she always talks about how she never buys flavored yogurt, she prefers to flavor her own. If you have ever looked at the ingrredient list on a carton of flavored yogurt, it can contain a lot of things, some artificial flavorings and coloring to be specific.

After watching her flavor her yogurt I have been flavoring my own ever since. I just take a serving, about 1/2 cup, of plain greek yogurt, add about a teaspoon of vanilla, about a tablespoon of honey and that is really good just like that. Sometimes in addition to the vanilla and honey I might add, maple syrup, fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice, or some cut up fruit for additional flavor. Just put in whatever you like, it is tastier and better for you than artificially flavored yogurts.


Kathy

1 comment:

  1. I have it but don't use it all that much. Follow me @ Ann Kerchner

    ReplyDelete