Sunday, May 27, 2012

5 Things.......That I Believe In

I know I have been MIA for the past week. Between the last days of school and getting ready for my son to graduate from high school, a couple of evening programs at school, a graduation dinner at my brother and sis-in-laws house, I have been stressed out and worn out. But in an exciting kind of way. I have barely had time to get on Facebook and keep up with my scrabble and words with friends games. Things will calm down for a few days until the actual graduation this Friday. More on that later.

5 Things I Believe In.....

1. I believe in good over evil. I know that seems like a simple concept, but really it's not. I have always believed that if you do good, act good, be good, then good will come back to you. But in reality, it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes you can do all the good in the world and it won't seem to make a bit of difference. Bad things still happen all around you and to you. Bad things, evil things, seem to sometimes happen no matter what you do. But the rub here is that you have to keep trying to be good, because if you know you have done the right thing, you have tried your best, you've done all you can do, then you can truthfully know that you, personally, have conquered evil because you didn't let evil sway you.

2. I believe in miracles. I think there are too many unexplained things that happen to not believe in them. I can say that I have never had a miracle happen to me, but is that true? Every morning when I wake up to a new day, is that a miracle? When I have a near miss driving a car, is that a miracle or just luck? When I return home in the evening, have there been a sequence of small miracles throughout the day that has brought me home safely? It's hard to say, but I do believe miracles, big or small do happen and probably more than we realize.

3. I believe in ghosts. Maybe I have watched too many episodes of Ghosthunter, but I believed in ghosts way before that show was ever on. I have had several things happen to me over the years that I believe were paranormal, small things, but instances that really made me take notice. Whose to say that after your life on earth is over that there is not a way for people to communicate. To me, it isn't too far a stretch. 

4. I believe that one day I will win the lottery. I have always felt that with certainty. Don't ask me why because I have never had much luck in games of chance, but I just know it, as sure as I am sitting here. I have even watched some the those shows that tell what has happened to past lottery winners, people who have spent their money on foolish things, giving money away to every "friend" that has asked for it, made bad investments and ended up bankrupt. So I know that WHEN I win the lottery, I will first change my phone number, get a lawyer and a financial adviser. I want to buy another house, doesn't have to be a mansion, new furniture, get a brand new car. I will pay for my son's college education, help my mom and immediate family members. And the rest will be saved and invested so it will last the rest of my life. Of course, I will quite working!!!! Oh, I will give to some charities that I believe strongly in.

5. I firmly believe that George Clooney and I will someday get married, he just has to find me first. HERE I AM!!!!!



RECIPE OF THE DAY:

I really don't have a recipe but I do have to talk about what I bought at the farmer's market this weekend. I bought the best strawberries in the world. If you think you like strawberries and buy them from the supermarket and think they are good, you have a thing or two to learn. The strawberries at the farmer's market actually smell like strawberries, where the ones in the supermarket don't smell like anything. Strawberry season is almost over but it is worth waiting all year for the next season for the taste of these sweet little treasures. Last week I bought 3qts. I froze half for smoothies later and ate the other half iin two days, there were so good.  This week I did the same things. If you've never bought strawberries from a local farmer you are surely missing somethings.


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment