Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ahh....Saturday

Well, it's official.......I AM SICK AND TIRED OF WINTER AND SNOW AND COLD. Now I know that our 3 or 4 inches of snow is nothing compared to more northern locales, but it's a lot here and the relentless cold just keeps on coming. I think we've had snow every week for a month now with another 3 inches last night. It doesn't even warm up enough in between to get rid of the snow before it snows again. OK, that's my rant about the weather, just had to put that out there.

Now, Lola on the other hand, has not minded the snow or the cold. Yesterday she sat outside on a cleared off spot looking for someone to bark at.


 "I think somebody's coming.....I get to bark....oh goody."


 "Never mind....they went the other way.....darn it."

Now this morning, after the new snow, Lola was anxious to get out in the snow. She likes to eat it.


Afterwards she camped out on the deck for awhile hoping to scare the bejeezus out of someone when they walk past. Unfortunately, no one walked past this early in the morning in the snow.




Meanwhile, while Lola was hoping for some excitement, I made some homemade, sour cream pancakes for breakfast. That is the beauty of a Saturday morning, the time to make a breakfast that you don't have time to during the week.


Yummy, pancakes with real maple syrup.

Today was a kind of lazy day, made breakfast, paid bills, did some computer stuff, did some reading. Isn't that what Saturdays are for? Usually I like to cook something different or special, but I just wasn't feeling it today. Tomorrow is another day though!!

Today was my second day working out. Before you laugh, I think I'm going to like it and I can do it with a program that's online. It's called dailyburn.com. My sister-in-law told me about it and she's been doing it. You can sign up for a 30 day free trial and if you like it, it will be just $10 a month. She's been doing it for a while and really likes it and has seen results. It walks you through and asks what level (I'm a beginner) and what intensity and length of time you want your workout to be. It will also tell you how many calories you've burned at the end of your workout. You can also follow your nutrition on the site, but I'm just doing the workouts. Also, I like that I can pause it if I can't quite keep up to catch my breath then resume. I've been a little sore from my workouts but that's a good thing. So far, so good.


Ok, now does anyone know what this contraption is?


I will be using this tomorrow in my cooking adventure. It is a tortilla press. I asked for one for my birthday. I'm probably one of the few women who ask for cooking gadgets for my birthday, but I love them.

I have a recipe for  homemade tortillas so, of course, I needed this. I can't wait to try it.


Kathy













No comments:

Post a Comment