Monday, May 20, 2013

Off To Market

I love going to the farmer's market. It always makes me feel like I'm discovering treasure as I go from stall to stall looking at all the good food, fresh flowers, cheeses, meats, honey and even some goat's milk soap.

Some of the vendors even serve breakfast and other homemade baked goods. The smells of biscuits and gravy, omelets and frittatas are enough to make your mouth water. An added bonus is there is always someone there playing music.

Some of my treasures.......

(Now, I'm going to stop here for a minute and let you know this is how far I got Sunday night in my post and then for some reason I couldn't upload the pictures I wanted to use. I tried for almost an hour and it just wasn't happening. I'm sure it was a computer issue and not my computer incompetence, haha.

Plus the fact that it felt like it was a million degrees in the house because my air conditioning is not working right. Even though I like heat, when you live in the South and it's close to 90 degrees and the humidity is over 50%, you need some A/C to get through the night. But I've had 5 fans going throughout the house and it was still 84 degrees in the house at 4am. I was fairly comfortable but poor Lola looks on the verge of a heat stroke and my son was complaining. The repairman is coming Wednesday and hopefully it won't be too expensive to fix, again, hahaha.)



This was this afternoon and Lola is trying to catch a cool breeze. I didn't take her out walking today because there would be no way to cool her off when we got home. She likes the cold.

Now, back to my treasures from the market........


Assorted, raised on pasture, humanely treated, meats. There's chicken, a couple of small pork loins, hamburger and hamburger patties. I fixed the chicken yesterday and made chicken and rice soup. Although it was kind of HOT to be eating soup. Obviously I wasn't thinking, but it was good and there's plenty for lunches this week.


Some swiss chard, grape tomatoes and my favorite, asparagus, yummy.


Some incredible baked goods, 7 grain bread and vanilla iced cinnamon rolls.


I love this "basket". I always use it when going to the farmers' market. It's wide enough so that nothing gets squashed and I can fit a lot of things in there


I saw this cardinal in the yard Sunday morning and just when I was getting ready to snap the picture he flew up to the fence. It's not as good a picture as I was trying to get and he turned his back on me, but there he is.

Please send thoughts and prayers for all the people and animals in Oklahoma who have been hurt, displaced and killed in the tornado today. God bless you all.


Kathy







No comments:

Post a Comment