Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mish Mash....

I haven't posted anything in a little over a week because my brain has turned to mush. I think of things to blog about, I start drafting a post and then *poof* it's gone or after a few paragraphs I don't like it and delete it or I just have nothin'. I think my brain has shut down.

I thought I would have time last weekend to sit down and really work on something but it turned into quite a busy weekend, being on the run. And then Sunday was Mother's Day so that day was pretty filled up. It seems the more I think about it, the worse it becomes. It's not like I don't have things to talk about, I just can't seem to articulate them right now. I'm sure it will pass so in the meantime here are some odds and ends from the past few days of playing with my camera.


These are a couple of pork tenderloins I bought at the farmer's market. They are sooooo good. Both of these were under a pound so I cooked both of them. My teenage son can eat one all by himself, then some for me and some leftover for a couple of lunches.



I marinated them in some fresh lemon juice, olive oil, sliced onions and garlic powder and cooked them on the grill.


Here I am trying not to set the deck on fire, the wind picked up as soon as I lit the grill.


This is some asparagus that I also bought at the farmer's market. Remember when I bought the cotton produce bags a while back. Supposedly you could get the bag damp and keep your produce in them and they would stay fresh longer? I bought these veggies on Saturday and when I cooked them on Tuesday they were still crisp. So far, so good on the bags!


After I broke the ends off I decided to put them in a freezer bag and eventually use them along with some other vegetables to make vegetable broth.


Tenderloins on the grill with a little Cajun seasoning. Yummy.


On another note, my lettuce mix is coming up pretty good. This makes me so excited!


And my baby bok choy.....YAY!!


Of all the toys Lola has had in the past two years, this one is the only one she hasn't been able to destroy or eat. It has a lovely squeaker in the middle and all I have to say is "get your ball" and she runs and get's this.

Here's to better brain function.....


Kathy










 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment