Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ready To Go Shopping

Well, my new produce and grocery bags came over the weekend.



These are the organic cotton produce bags, two small, two medium and two large. I'm excited about these because, supposedly, when you get your produce home, you can get the bag damp and store your fruits and veggies in them and they will keep in the fridge longer. Kind of like those green bags advertised on TV.



Of course I will wash them first before I use them. They will probably be wrinkley since they're 100% cotton but that's fine.

I also ordered two burlap grocery bags.



They are fairly large and have a thin plastic (I think) lining which will be easy to wipe clean. And along with my other bags, they should hold quite a lot.





On the recycling front, I've still been increasing the amount I can put in my bin. I also discovered that the       brand of ham slices that I buy every once in a while, comes in a plastic container that can be recycled. I've    always saved the containers to use for storage, but I'm glad to know that when I'm done with them, they can be recycled. I've also been saving some jars...jelly jars, pizza sauce jars, etc. to use for storage. I really        would like to get away from using so much plastic.                                                                                     
                                                                                   
On the gardening front, very frustrating. It was really nice last Saturday, then rained lots and lots on Sunday.  Now it's cold with a windchill in the 20's and the forecast for the next 7 to 10 days is not much better, highs in the 30's and 40's and close to freezing at night along with several days of more rain and possibly sleet or snow flurries. Last year at this time it was in the 80's......argggghhhh. This is the first year I've been anxious to work in the yard and the weather is not cooperating....at all. We are actually about 20 degrees below     normal. It's Spring now so hopefully.....soon, it will feel like it.                                                                    
                                                                             



This is an example of what all this rain has been doing to parts of my yard. 


Kathy                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment