Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter to everyone! I hope it's been a day filled with family, good food and lots of good conversation and laughs. It's been a quiet week for me, again the weather was not cooperating, rainy, snow flurries and cold. But on the bright side, I did receive a couple more seed catalogs in the mail and I love going through them and trying to decide what to get. I keep telling myself that it won't be long now, April starts tomorrow and I have high hopes of better weather.

Yesterday I made a batch of cookies from a recipe that I saw in Southern Living Magazine, called "Loaded-Up Pretzel Cookies". They kind of start out as a sugar or shortbread cookie but then you add M&M's, broken pretzels and coconut. Since I loathe coconut, I substitued toffee bits. Boy did they turn out good.

For the holiday today, my niece and her husband invited us out to their house for Easter lunch. There was lot's of great food, the traditional ham, mac and cheese, pasta salad, green beans, baked beans, au gratin potatoes, fruit salad, chips, soft drinks, cupcakes.........I ate too much but it sure was good. Now it's time to sit back and be lazy the rest of today and watch my team in the NCAA Tournament game this afternoon...wooohooo!!



This is my great-nephew looking for Easter eggs, left by the Easter Bunny :-). I'm not showing the other, full face pictures of him because without permission from his parents I don't want to paste his picture all over the "blog world", but take my word for it, he is a cutie and he got the hang of looking for those eggs and shaking them to see if there was anything in them, pretty quick.





My niece gave everyone these beautiful tulips as Easter gifts. Aren't they gorgeous, I hope I can keep them alive. I seem to do better with "food" plants then flowering plants. Do you see that bright light that is surrounding the tulips? That is something we call SUNSHINE!!! This is the first Sunday in about a month that it hasn't rained almost all day. Although it did rain a little overnight and early this morning. But this afternoon the glorious sun came out, warmed things up a bit. It just makes me feel so much better.....and warmer.




This is my "beast" Lola, I just like to put her picture on here every so often because she tickles me. As you can see, she's thankful the sun is out also. Her favorite thing is to lay on the deck and bark at everyone that walks by the fence and since there are about 10 steps down the deck, it's also a cardio workout for her.

Happy Easter everyone!!!


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment