Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pour Me A Cold One

When it comes to "adult beverages", I stay strictly to just a few that I like....beer, frozen margaritas, wine and champagne. In that order. I enjoy coming home after work, sitting on the deck with Lola and having a beer before I start dinner. Of course between coming home from work and enjoying that adult beverage I have walked the dog and  straightened up the house a little. I feel that I'm entitled to that little bit of me time.

Usually I stick to the same kind of beer, afterall, I didn't want to buy a whole 6 pack of something that I'd never had before and then not like it. Then about a couple of months ago, my neighbor and part-time taste tester, told me that our local Kroger had something called "build your own 6 pack".
They provide empty cartons and then there is a refrigerated area that is sectioned off with single beers, all different kinds.

It was marvelous, I could try different beers to see what I liked and didn't like. These are some of my favorites.


I think this has been my favorite overall....Leinenkugel, family brewed in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.
I really didn't think that I would like a beer with a lemon flavor but it is really very good on a nice hot summer day.



This, LandShark is my second favorite, it's got a light, crisp taste, plus I really like the name.


I believe this is a Budweiser product, but I'm not sure. Again, it has a lemony flavor that I really like, lemon shandy. I'm not really sure what "shandy" means, but it's good. It also comes in orange but I haven't tried that. 

This is also on my list of "likes". According to the label, it has an orange flavor, but I couldn't tell. I didn't realize that when I bought it or I probably wouldn't have gotten it. If you order it in a restaurant they stick an orange wedge in the top to squeeze in, but I don't. I like this beer though.


And of course, I've always liked my Stella. (I always have an irresistible urge to holler STTTEELLAAA, ala Street Car Named Desire, whenever I drink one.) It's a Belgium brewed beer and it was my first foray into different beers a year or so ago and still one of my favorites.

Here is another Leinenkugel that I decided to try. The first few sips made me think I had made a mistake, but eventually I decided that it wasn't bad, but not one that I will probably buy again. There is that word again. What does Shandy mean???

I've tried a couple of Mexican beers and they were alright. I was really anxious to try the Italian beer, Peroni, but I really didn't care too much for it. The one beer that I haven't been brave enough to try yet is a Guiness. It's such a dark beer and I just can't imagine that I would like it. I need to take a drink from someone elses first!!!

I know that some of the above beers have "fall flavors" that I haven't tried yet, although I'm not a fan of pumpkin so if that is the only choice you can forget it, but you can bet I will be checking it out.

On a different note, here are some scenes from my office window.






Sometimes if someone walks down that sidewalk, they chase them a little bit. Just protecting their territory.


That one had me worried. The street to the left is a very busy street and I was afraid he was  going to get to close to it.



Whew....no need to worry, they are headed back to the pond. I can relax now.

Have a good week everyone.


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment