Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dancing Queen

Dancing looks like so much fun, I really, really want to get up and just dance like no one is looking. Except people are looking and I know they are all looking at me and thinking "good lord woman, sit down". Well, maybe not, but that is what I think they are thinking.  Now I am a pretty good "chair dancer" but I don't think that counts. Dang it!

I have a good friend who loves to go out and listen to local, live music and when I go with her we always have a good time, lots of laughs and good music.  She likes to dance and she dances well and she has been trying to get me up on the dance floor for a long time.  I always want to go so bad but then chicken out at the last minute.

Well, about six months ago I did it. After a couple "adult beverages", I just stood up, walked out to the dance floor and danced. I don't know who was more shocked, me or my friends. Although, I have to say that "danced" might be too strong a term to use for what I did, but I did get up on the dance floor and move to the music. I had fun, and I have danced several times since then, but always after a couple of  "adult beverages" just to loosen up a bit and if the dance floor is crowded so I can blend in. Dancing is a big step out of my comfort zone and I am so happy that I have I conquered it....sorta....because it is so much fun.

I watch the following instructional video before I go out to dance so I can keep in my head what I am supposed to do.

See ya on the dance floor........Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, just AWESOME, my dear old friend. Can't wait to get out and cut a rug with you. To quote Billy Joel "..and we would allllll, go dowwwwwnn, together." Bwaaaaa.

    ReplyDelete